Reader Comments

Candle and Soap Making Business

"Walter Scott" (2017-07-21)

 |  Post Reply

It will vary depending on your local community, but yes you will definitely need some type of license. If you are making products you will likely need a manufacturing license (which involves proper zoning and disposal of any hazardous materials, safe work environment, etc.) and good liability insurance in case someone sues you if they perceive your products cause them harm. (Candles can start fires and soap can cause skin rashes!) You may want to create a LLC or corporation to limit your personal liability. If Ez Assignment Writing Service & you only sell products someone else makes you would only need a retail business license. (Check to make sure they have the liability insurance as the maker of the products and then it's not your problem or expense!)

Add comment